Investasure understands the risks Commercial Property owners face not only on a daily basis, but also in the long term.
Being a Commercial Property Owner, you have significant risk exposures, planning for all eventualities is a must and obtaining the right insurance is vital. Investasure arranges insurance cover specifically for you with insurance you want – the cover that’s right for you, not just a standard package.
As a Commercial Property Owner what are some of the things you need cover for:
- Building cover first and foremost. You need ensure you are covered not only for replacement of the building but also all additional costs such as removal of debris & claims preparation costs. If you have property in the open air you may need to insure this separately.
- Loss of income in the event you had to rebuild or move your tenants out following a loss. As you would no longer have any rental income and would still have to pay for mortgage repayments, utilities, real estate fees & legal costs whilst the building is being reinstated.
- Even though it may be in the lease agreement that the tenants are responsible for glass breakage, what happens when you don’t have a tenant at the time? You may want to consider covering glass if you have a large exposure.
- If someone is injured on your property as a result of an accident that you are liable for.
- Air Conditioning units can be extremely costly to replace or repair. You can cover this including business interruption following the breakdown.
Types of insurance your Investasure package can include:
Machinery / Equipment Breakdown
Covering machinery and equipment (eg: Air Conditioners) for breakdown and possible business interruption.
- Tax Audit
- Theft / Money & Rent Default
- Occupational, Health & safety breaches
Building & Property Cover
Damage to buildings, contents and equipment caused by natural perils such as storms, fire and/or malicious damage.
Loss of Income
Consequential Loss covering you for the loss of rental income after your building is closed or in the process of rebuilding following damage caused by an event you are insured for. (E.G. Fire or Storm Damage). You can continue to receive a cash flow to help to help ensure you are able to pay for all additional costs whilst you don’t have tenants.
Public Liability ensuring that your business is protected against claims for damage or injury caused to an individual or their property as a result of your property.
Covers breakage to glass eg: windows/doors, sign writing and advertising signage internally and externally.